NQ for CCTV Operators
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification before applying for a licence.
- Introduction, Roles and Responsibilities
- Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- CCTV Equipment
- Control Room Communications and Access Control
- Dealing with Incidents
- CCTV (PSS) Techniques
- Fire and Emergency Procedures and Protocols
- Health and Safety Operating CCTV, and Related Equipment within a CCTV Control Room
- Using CCTV Equipment to Produce Evidence
- Using CCTV to Undertake Surveillance Activities
A course that provides all the necessary skills and knowledge required for the application of an SIA licence as a CCTV Operator. All individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification covering codes of practice, legislation and CCTV (PSS) techniques before applying for a licence.
Aims and Objectives:
The Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It provides the necessary skills and knowledge to apply for an SIA licence and work as a CCTV Operative. The qualification is based on the relevant SIA specifications for learning and qualifications.
Course Duration: 4 days
Maximum Participants: 12
Exam: 2-part multiple choice and practical assessment
Location: Flexible – our venue, your premises
Certification: 3 years