NQ for Security Guarding
New entrants to the security industry and those who are returning to it having previously worked prior to the introduction of SIA licensing in 2004, will need to undertake the SIA training to be able to apply for the SIA licence.
- Introduction, Role and Responsibilities
- Diversity and Equality
- Customer Care/service and Social Skills
- Access Control
- Security and Emergency Systems
- Health and Safety
- Effective Patrolling
- The Law
- Communication and Report Writing
- Avoiding Conflict: Reducing Risk, Self Awareness, Pro-active Service Delivery
- Defusing Conflict: Blocks to Communication, Signalling Non-aggression, High Risk Conflict
- Resolving Conflict: Problem Solving
- Learning from Conflict: Post Incident Considerations
As with other security positions it is now mandatory that any person planning to apply for an SIA licence must complete the required national qualification prior to application. This course informs you with industry knowledge such as effective patrolling, communication, report writing and conflict resolution.
Aims and Objectives:
To work as an SIA Security Guard in the UK you will need to have an SIA licence issued by the Security Industry Authority (SIA). One of the requirements of the SIA licence is that you hold a recognised qualification, and the Level 2 National Certificate for Security Officers meets the requirement for the SIA Licence.
Course Duration: 4 days
Maximum Participants: 12
Exam: 3-part multiple choice
Location: Flexible – our venue, your premises
Certification: 3 years