Privacy and Cookies Policy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is First Security (Guards) Limited of Capital Tower, 91 Waterloo Road, London, England SE1 8RT.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our parent company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where we store your personal data
Your personal data will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will always obtain your consent first.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will give you the chance to unsubscribe from any marketing emails from us.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. This can include using a ‘cookie’ which would be stored on your browser. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer. It is generated when you visit certain web pages. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
We use the following cookies:
First party cookies
Most of the cookies set by visiting our website are first party cookies. These cookies are set by technologies or applications including our content management system and Google Analytics. Google Analytics provides us with statistics on how our website is being used by visitors, which pages are most visited, which are causing the most visitors to leave, as well as which search terms people used to find our website. This data helps us to provide the best possible experience for our visitors. Google Analytics does not allow us to see or record any personal information about you.
Our website is powered by a content management system, which also sets first party cookies. If you enter details like your name and email address into our website, these cookies may remember the details entered so that when you return to our website, you don’t need to re-enter this information.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are set from other websites and providers of buttons or widgets used on our website. They are set from a domain other than first-security.co.uk, for example, an embedded video.
Cookies have an expiry date. You can choose to delete cookies using the settings menu in your web browser; however, it may affect how our website is presented to you when you return.